What is an Orthotic?
An orthotic is a supportive device which is placed inside footwear, to change the mechanical function of the foot. It works dynamically during weight-bearing activities like walking, running and standing by supporting the arch of the foot in a bio-mechanically correct way.
Why an Orthotic?
The foot is designed to un-lock, or pronate, when it hits the ground for shock absorption and to conform to variable terrain. It then must stiffen (lock), or supinate for efficient leverate as it propels the body forward to the next step. When eigher of these phases are excessive or out of sink the foot has faulty mechanical function. the majority of people over pronate (arch flattens too much) and do not re-stiffen enough for efficient propulsion. A small percentage of people over supinate (high rigid arch structure), creating poor shock absorption and excessive weight-bearing pressure in the foot. Because foot function affects the entire chain of bones leading up to the spine, pain and dysfunction in the knee, hip and lower back often result as well. In all, there are over thirty different conditions directly related to improper foot bio mechanical function.
Conditions Treated With Orthotics:
- Plantar Fascitis
- Achillies Tendonitis
- Heel Spurs
- Hammer Toes
- Foot Pain
- Knee Pain
- Hip Pain
- Lower Back Pain
- Diabetic Foot Neuropathy
- Patellar Tendonopathy
Why Custom Foot Orthotics?
- Forms perfectly to the foot and arch for a comfortable fit
- Custom calibrated flex made specifically for your body weight, foot type, and activity level
- Enginerred to change foot posture and function - not just provide cushioing in the shoe
- Made from durable, top quality light weight materials backed by a six month warranty
- Designed to fit in most shoes including: heels, sandals, dress and athletic shoes
- Available in many custom lenghts, matrieals, colors and designs
We have met may patients who have tried other orthotics and switched for the comfort, correction and releif from their painful conditions.
Call us today for a FREE 15 minute consultation to see if Custom fit Orthotics are right for you!